Building on the guidance and recommendations of the CBN, NEPAD has initiated the 5% Agenda, a campaign to increase the allocations of African asset owners to African infrastructure management (AUM) to a more impactful 5% of AUM.
It is foreseen that the roadmap and the campaign will have the following impact:
- Unlocking USD 25bn of African institutional savings capital over the next five years to implement regional and domestic infrastructure projects on the continent.
- Bringing PIDA projects to financial close for improved access to energy and other infrastructure.
- Broadening and deepening the currently shallow African primary and secondary capital markets.
- Contributing significantly to regional integration and job creation.
- Taking specific, concrete next steps and project suggestions to raise the investment interest of international institutional and non-institutional financiers, who so far have been hesitant to include African infrastructure projects as an asset class in their investment portfolios.
|AU-NEPAD 5% Agenda Report on Sovereign Wealth and Pension Funds||Download|