This report has been prepared under the consultancy “Evaluation of the Implementation Status of Water-related Projects of the Programme for Infrastructure Development in Africa (PIDA) and Formulation of respective Actions Plans” commissioned by the African Ministers’ Council on Water (AMCOW).
The report covers the following nine PIDA trans-boundary water projects are covered in the report.
- Palambo: Regulation dam to improve navigability of Obangui River with added hydropower component; Congo River Basin
- Fomi: Hydropower station in Guinea with irrigation water supply for Mali and regulation of the Niger River; Niger River Basin
- Multi-sectoral investment Opportunity studies: Identification and preparation of investment programs in the basin; Okavango River Basin
- Lesotho HWP Phase II - water transfer component: Orange-Senqu River Basin
- Gourbassy: Multi-purpose dam located in Guinea; regulation of the Senegal River; Senegal River Basin
- Noumbiel: Multipurpose dam with hydro-power generation component (Burkina Faso & Ghana); Volta River Basin
- Nubian Sandstone Aquifer System: Implementation of regional strategy for the use of the aquifer system; Nubian Sandstone Aquifer System
- North-West Sahara Aquifer System: Pre-feasibility studies for the improved use of the aquifer system; North-West Sahara Aquifer System
- Lullemeden Aquifer System: Pre-feasibility studies for the improved use of the aquifer system; North-West Sahara Aquifer System; Lullemeden and Taoudeni/Tanezrouft Aquifer System
|PIDA Water Projects Evaluation Report||Download|